Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh, You Aren't Gonna Believe This

There were several messages on our answering machine when we got back from the hospital tonight. One of them was from my sister Lisa. She was calling to tell me that she & her youngest son, Josh (5, almost 6 years old) had been involved in an auto accident tonight. My heart just dropped right through the floor!

I am so glad to tell you they're both fine...PRAISE THE LORD!!!! A van pulled out left when Lisa had not quite yet passed through the intersection and this guy's van caught the back of her Yukon...near the gas tank...near where Josh sits. Yet another miracle in my life this week! God is so good and His hand of protection was very present in both situations...with Lisa & Josh and with Tyler.

Speaking of Tyler, here's the latest update on his condition...

They are still monitoring him for a possible head injury. Tyler has had 4 CT scans since the accident and each one of them show a bit of bleeding in the brain. Physical therapy came to see Tyler this afternoon and got him all set with a pair of crutches. He's slowly getting out of bed and up moving around.

There was talk of possibly discharging Tyler from the hospital tomorrow, although that's really quite an up-in-the-air thing at this point. So it may even be Sunday before he gets out.

Bobby & I had to go to the impound lot to get everything out of Tyler's car today. Whoa, I really didn't like seeing it again. It was the first time Bobby had seen it. What a miracle, what a miracle - that's all that kept going through my head. As I previously mentioned, the car is totaled right out.

In case any of you are wondering, Taylor & Tess (our daughters) are doing fairly well. Taylor came to the accident scene with me and was totally freaked out by it - uh, with good reason. Tess saw Tyler for the first time back in the trauma room and it was upsetting to her. Bobby & I have tried to keep things 'fairly normal' (normal? normal? what's THAT?! LOL) for those girls. They went to school today and I ate dinner at home here with Taylor tonight. Tomorrow Taylor's rugby team will travel to playoffs and we felt it best for her to go. She wanted to and we didn't object. Tess is having a sleepover at one of her friend's houses.

Anyway, that's about the news here. I know I'm going to be super duper thankful to sleep in my own bed tonight and believe me, it will be with a very very grateful heart for God's protection and miracles.

7 comments:

  1. Im thankful too that Lisa and Josh didnt get hurt!
    The day of TYler's accident, Rob almost got in a car accident too! It happened right infront of him, 3 cars crashed into each other and almost hit him but thankfully since he works from home and his car quite often, his company regularly makes Rob and his co-workers take road safety tests, so he was able to swirve out of the way. Rob came hom and told me this RIGHT after you had sent your email to me about Ty's accident!
    Crazy hey!
    I dont know whats going on...if people are more and more in a hurry these days that they are not being careful when driving. I see way too many people driving and talking on their cell phones which drives me nuts!
    Anyway, thankfully God has been protecting us, protecting your sis and protecting Tyler.
    We need to continue to pray for protection every single day when our family members leave the home that God would continue to surround them with His protection.
    I am keeping Tyler up in prayer and all of you as you go through this next little while of getting him back to complete health.
    Love ya
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about this. Sending lots of love and hugs your way. Please get some rest so you can be strong and rested for your family. And don't forget to try and eat. That can be hard too. Love and blessings... Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you and your family, and praying for all of you daily. God does hear and answers our prayers!

    Thank goodness your sister and nephew are ok...yes, God had a protective hand in that accident too.

    Glad that your girls are doing ok and are trying to carrying on as normal, it's hard for everyone I'm sure.

    I hope you have a restful night tonight. I'll keep checking back for further updates.

    Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came by from Candy's to say that I am so glad to hear of the good news. Praise God.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your site through a prayer blog that listed your family and your needs.

    I, too, am from Michigan and want you to know that there are many of us out here in bloggerland praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that your sis and nephew are okay. We had been praying for Tyler even before I knew what happened.

    We will continue our prayers for him. I am also praying for you and your family. AND I'm thanking God that He protected your precious son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I can't tell you have happy I was to hear the first time that Tyler was okay! Praise God. I'm also, so happy to hear that your sister and nephew are all right. Wow! I will keep praying for Tyler to fully recovery.

    That's great that Taylor's rugby team is doing good and that she wanted to go. I can't imagine what you've been through the last few days Michelle. I'm lifting you up too. Hugs, and prayers, Kathi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)