Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Tyler Update

Hello all. First of all, thanks so much for your prayers for us. I truly believe that's what has gotten me through the last 24 hours.

I've stopped home real quick to grab a few hours sleep, a shower and a change of clothes before heading back to the hospital. I've been up now for almost 36 hours. I am exhausted.

The short story of what happened is this (I'll share details later)...

Tyler was involved in a terrible car accident yesterday afternoon. A pickup truck pulled out in front of Tyler's car and he t-boned the truck at the posted speed he was traveling at 55 miles per hour. Let me tell you....IT IS A MIRACLE Tyler is even alive!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I'll have to share details later for the sake of time but Tyler managed to crawl out of the car and give a passerby our phone number to call me. I went to the accident scene and about passed out when I saw Tyler's car and heard his screams. The cops had to hold me back from running to Tyler as he lay screaming on the board next to his car. The front end was smashed like an accordian and the car is definitely totaled.

He has a badly broken femur, which took about 4 hours to repair in surgery. They inserted a rod and screws into his leg. Lots of cuts and bruises, possibly a broken nose. He is in so much pain right now. They kept him in ICU overnight to closely monitor Tyler because they suspected a head injury.

I've been doing a lot of crying and praying, as you can imagine.

Bobby got to the hospital safely this morning about 6:30 a.m. after driving through the night from NC. It was such a relief for him to finally get here. My in-laws were at the hospital with me.

OK, that's about all for now. I've GOT to go lay down right now; I'm gonna drop!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Shell :)
    Boy was I ever relieved to hear from you this afternoon!
    Thanks for the email and adding this update.
    Alot of us have been praying hard. Sooooo glad TYler will be ok and that he is alive and God protected him.
    Get some rest. Tyler will be covered in prayer for complete healing and speedy recovery.
    Get rest and we'll chat soon.
    Love you lots!!!!!

    candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself ...keep strong for him, you can do it! We will all keep all of you in prayer, so many of us have been thinking about you every minute of the day! Try and erase all the bad thoughts of him in pain to the miraculous hand that carried him thru! It is indeed a miracle!
    we love you! big big ((hugs)) to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you and Tyler are continually in our prayers. God is good and faithful, our protector. Cling to Him, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lifting Tyler and your family up in prayer. (via Candy's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying here....started yesterday after reading Candy's blog....please keep us up as you can...and TAKE care of yourself....
    We will all keep praying...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, we are all SO HAPPY to hear this wonderful news!! I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare that you have gone through these last 36 hours. We have all been covering you in prayer and will continue to do so until Tyler is completely healed. Try and get some rest so you don't end up collapsing from exhaustion. We will all be praying, praying, and praying some more. Much love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Michelle, I was sooooooooo happy when I got the news. I have been praying all day, and to hear this good news is such an answer. We serve a great GOD. God bless you and give you sweet peace. Hugs and prayers, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. prayers continue from NC. God bless you all girl. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about the accident! I am glad to hear that Tyler is going to be ok. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts...
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry this happened. I am so thankful that he survived and is going to be okay. I am sorry to hear that he broke his leg so badly, but we know that will heal. Praise the Lord he is not paralysed or had a brain injury. Oh Michelle, I can only imagine what you have been through. I am so thankful that you have the Lord to lean on and that so many people were praying.

    Give him a big hug from all the ladies in Blogland!

    Love in Christ, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise the Lord for Tyler's safety during this terrible accident. I have been praying since I heard the news and please know that I will continue to pray for his healing...and I will be praying for you as well. Try and get some rest, you may have a long road ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle,
    I passed by 'A Place Like Home' last night and heard about your son. I am so pleased he is Ok - its truly wonderful news. You are all in my prayers. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I began praying as soon as I found out on Candy's blog! I have a Tyler too and my son Justin fell three stories through a buildings roof on March 3rd! No one could believe he was alive, there was no way he could of survived the accident investigators told everyone...God honors the prayers of mothers!!! Keeping watch over our children...you can read about Justins accident on my blog.
    I understand and feel everything you are going through if you need to talk write me on my email address on my profile and I will send you my phone # or vice versa..I will continue to lift him up to the Lord, Praise God he is alive!

    Big Mom to Mom hugs,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness!!!! I'm praising God that he was OK!! I'll be praying for his speedy recovery and for rest for all. I can't imagine what that was like for you as his mom...............

    Bigs hugs!!!!!!!!

    Jen in MS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)