1. Even though my given name is 'Michelle', mostly everyone calls me by my nickname - which is 'Shelly'. My dad's side of the family calls me 'Shelly' or 'Shell', while most of my mom's side of the family calls me 'Michelle'. (Often people quite close to me call me "Shell Bell".) Kinda funny, huh?!
2. I do not like radio talk shows with all the chatty banter, goofy call-ins, silly contests, annoying commercials - ugh, all of that gets on my last nerve!
3. OK, this one is really strange and quirky, I know.....I prefer to drink beverages out of a 'glass' glass and not a plastic one. Also, gotta have lots of ice. We are big-time ice users around here! What do I do if I'm at a restaurant or someone's house and the only option is a plastic cup? Well, I will drink out of it - but at home I like using a glass one.
4. You will probably find me wearing socks most of the time! I don't really like going barefoot too much. Only if I'm wearing sandals in warm weather or something - that's when I'm not wearing socks. (I even had socks on during each of the births of my 3 children!!! LOL)
5. I have a very difficult time handling raw meat. For instance, when mixing and shaping meatloaf. BLAH, YUK, GROSS, ICK - that sensation of meat through my fingers is just about enough to send me to the bathroom to be sick!!!!! (Needless to say, we don't eat much meatloaf around here....but not because of my "aversion" - no, simply because no one really likes it!)
So, there ya have it - more little-known facts that make me "ME"!
Have a great day!