Thursday, September 27, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I've been keeping pretty busy for the last few days! It's Homecoming weekend around these parts and our daughter Taylor is going to the Homecoming dance on Saturday night. It's her first "real" dance (she just started high school this year) and she's very excited! Today we went shopping for shoes and jewelry. Taylor already has a beautiful dress to wear. Saturday will be here before we know it! I'll share some pictures of the big night with all of you!

On another note, I am preparing to hold a craft openhouse here at my home in the middle of October. That's another reason why I've been busy. There's been a lot of planning, painting, sewing, crafting and scrapbooking going on at my house! I LOVE it! This will be the first time I've actually done something like this - have a party to sell my handmade things - I've always given everything away as gifts! But after much encouragement from my blogging friends (you guys know who you are...THANKS!) & my family, I've decided to jump in with both feet and JUST DO IT! Even my teenage son is getting in on the act by "giving me a lesson" in economics and how to price my items - it was a very enlightening conversation, let me tell ya - you know, coming from the perspective of a 16 year old boy and all :)

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your craft open house!

    This summer I did two craft shows and they turned out well. It is encouraging to have people buy the things I made and what is left over will be Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for pics of your open house! :) I know its going to be a huge success.
    Love
    Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A craft open house sounds like such fun! I saw yesterday that they reached a settlement in the strike! I'm glad it was a short one.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see pictures of Taylor in her beautiful dress and shoes, etc. I'm sure she's so excited!
    Good luck with your craft openhouse in October. That's a great time to have it. People are looking for Christmas presents by then.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)