Thursday, August 30, 2007

Restyled Art





I had originally purchased a pair of seashell pictures to decorate my powder room. Then I moved and didn't really have an ideal spot for them. At first, they ended up in the Goodwill donation box until I got to thinking of another idea...I'm so glad I didn't give them away!


I decided to decorate my kitchen/eating area in a "Cafe" type theme. I checked out the prices of various pictures and decided I really didn't want to spend that much (even if they were on sale!) so I came up with an alternative. I used scrapbook paper, corrugated cardboard (from the moving boxes, no less :), greeting cards, ribbons and buttons. I have a grouping of nice "Cafe" style art for a fraction of the cost of ONE new picture.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle, thanks so much for leaving me a comment so I could come over here & see your blog! I love all your thriftiness & yardsale treasures. I will definitely be back to check it out some more. So glad you are enjoying my blog & now I can say welcome to blogging too! So nice to meet you. Please keep coming by..I'm so enjoying meeting all the wonderful women I have met so far.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, I think you might have a little side job there! These are just wonderful, and original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhoda - Thanks very much for stopping by, as well as the warm welcome. It's nice to meet you, too!

    Karen - Thanks for the sweet compliment - I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO creative! I love the grouping of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not leaving many comments right now, but had to tell you how cute these are. I love them. They are original and so striking.
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)