Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From Drab to Fab!



This is the chandelier in the eat-in area of our kitchen. I redid some cheap dollar store shades with scrapbook paper, seam binding and more of that eyelash trim I love so much!


I was inspired after seeing how my friend Jennifer over at This Is The Day had decorated her shades. I decided to do all five of them in different papers, too. (Thanks for the inspiration, Jennifer!)


These shades are actually on their second makeover because I had already covered them with fabric and ball fringe to match the decor when I lived at my other house. (We just moved to this house a month ago.) But I decided I wanted a different look so I removed the fabric/trim and decided to try the scrapbook paper this time around, which I like a lot better!


Another great thing is that I got the scrapbook paper 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby. I love it when I am able to redo something really cheaply :)


Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

  1. That is just the neatest idea! Hobby Lobby is also one of my favorite places to visit. Often! ;0)
    Can't wait to see what else you are doing with your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Michelle!!


    :)
    Candy
    We dont have a hobby lobby store in Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen & Candy - appreciate your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Michelle! I love yours more than mine!! The trim adds so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)