Friday, February 29, 2008

"Fireplace Screen Transformation"




Obviously this fireplace screen serves only as a decorative purpose. I mean, does one really need a cover for a gas fireplace? Um no, probably not! Truth is I just like the look of having a decorative screen in front of a fireplace. I was about jumping for joy when I found this one while out thrifting around...for only $3.99! I looked at the original tag on the back (from the "real" store) and saw it had initially been marked $16.95. I thought, 'no way am I passing this up!' Of course I had to catch a vision and see beyond its current garden theme. (Which I do happen to think is very pretty; just not my decorating style in the living room.)


I measured the frame, then designed an eclectic mix of fabrics to fit together in an interesting pattern and got busy sewing the cover all together. Decided to also add some extra glam with ribbon and beaded trim. I'm pleased with the results. It serves absolutely no function whatsoever but it sure does look good to my eye :)

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea...so creative.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's all that matters! If you like it, it's all good! I love this idea, Michelle. I priced some of those iron screens and could not believe the prices. One was 124.00. Too rich for my blood. You're very thrifty and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the screen.Lucky you to have found that little bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That screen looks great! We have a really pretty, but plain, screen that was a gift to us. I love your version.

    P.S. Thank you so much for the card. It brightened my day. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you have done. You are creative. Lovely! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please visit again when you can. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the way it turned out! Very nice!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)