Sunday, September 23, 2007

Chicken Caesar pasta salad recipe...

Okay, ladies, here's the recipe. The credit goes to Amy over at the Mom Advice blog. That's where I initially found this delicious recipe. I changed the quantities just a little bit, according to our particular taste - so just go ahead and see what works best for you :)

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad

1 pound chicken breasts
1 pound penne pasta (1/2 lb. in other version)
1 romaine heart, chopped (I use 2)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (1/2 pint in other version)
2/3 cup Caesar dressing (I use just a bit more)
A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (I did not use any)

Bake chicken breasts as directed on package on a cookie sheet. Chop the romaine heart and halve the cherry tomatoes while the chicken is baking. Cook pasta until al dente, as directed on package. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water. Dice the cooked chicken and put this in a bowl. Toss pasta, tomatoes, lettuce and the dressing. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined. May be served with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.




5 comments:

  1. Yum! I just added that one to my quick serve recipe box :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may try this recipe this week! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds de-lish! I'm putting on my must try list.

    Hey it looks like only people named Jen are allowed to leave comments on this thread! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle,
    I hope you had a great day today!

    I made this recipe tonight and it was so good (and refreshing!). Does it make good left-overs? I have a good bit left. Some salads wilt and aren't good the next day. I'm wondering about this one.

    Well, I'm off. Britt, being the adoring husband he is, recognizes that it's been a long day for me and is treating me to Starbucks and a ride around town! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every single one of you who stops by for a visit...thank you! Please leave me a comment...I really love hearing from you :)